Tuesday 18 July 2017

6 Month Update


I’m a bit late on the bandwagon as it’s now reaching the end of July but, it’s time to do a half year recap. Firstly, can you believe that we’re already over half way through the year? I know I sound like everybody and their mum bit, it’s unbelievable how fast it’s flown by. I really can’t get my head around it. Nonetheless, I’m very excited that summer is here. The weather is getting warmer, I’m building up my summer wardrobe AND everything in my life is on the right path. Metaphorically, the sun has come up again.

I don’t really know how to structure this post because, there is SO much to it. I literally have so much to talk about and it’s kind of like when you’re tidying your room but you don’t know where to start. Do you get me or am I just rambling about stuff that doesn’t make sense.

Ya need to get a pot of tea (not a cup, a pot), this is going to be a long post.
 

                                                                                                  BLOGGING

One of the things that I really wanted to do this year was set up a blog and here I am; blogging. I’m very much at the start of my journey with this blog but, I’m thoroughly enjoying it and I can’t wait to see what it grows into. It’s nice to have a hobby that’s also helping me learn about things at the same time. Having this blog has helped me to organise and plan things to a deadline, nobody is holding me at gun point telling me to do any of the things that I do for this blog BUT I know what I need to do in order to help it grow so, I have to organise and plan around that. Since I started this blog, I’m yet to miss a Tuesday (the day I upload a new post) which is a big achievement for me although it does sound like a small thing. On top of all that, it’s nice to have a place of my own where I can create content that represents me – It’s an amazing feeling. I appreciate every comment, follow, like, read – It all oddly means a strange amount to me.

My goals for this blog over the next six months are quite clear to me – I know the next step that I have to take. I want to be uploading two posts a week, I would love to be doing three posts a week but, that’s more of a goal for 2018. I would also like to have a better blog design and to have bought my own domain just because I feel like I’ll have more freedom with it. I have lots of ideas for how I want my blog to look so, it’ll be very exciting to see them become a reality. Finally, I would love to do a collab with another blogger (if you’re interested in this then please leave me a comment). I just think it would be a really fun and enjoyable experience that I’d also learn a lot from.

                       HEALTH AND FITNESS

 I used to work out a lot, like two hours at the gym, six days a week kind of a lot. I was very healthy, in actual fact – I was vegetarian, almost vegan. However, life got in the way and I couldn’t go to the gym which I think had a huge part in me giving up on vegetarianism. Anyway, I wanted to get back to working out and eating healthily this year which I’m definitely on the road to doing. Like I said, the first few months were quite bumpy and things only started to settle around April time so, my health and fitness was almost non-existent at that point. Skipping forward to now, I’ve been working out five days a week and eating 70% healthy – It’s been making me feel so happy within myself and now I’m ready to keep pushing. I think the thing that’s motivating me to work harder now is the fact that I can see the smallest most baby abs peeking through BUT they’re definitely there.

My health and fitness goals over the next six months are to be working out for at least one hour a day, six days a week. I’m not really into cardio very much so, I would like to develop on my running. Even if I went for a jog once a week, I’m not on about becoming the next Usain Bolt or anything but, I do need to open my lungs up a little bit more. I would like to see more concrete abs forming as well as larger glutes and growing my legs in general. In terms of eating, I would LOVE to get back to a point of being vegetarian or at least on the path to it. I’ve done it once before and I know just how good it made me feel so, I don’t really know what my excuse is? Finally, I would like to practice yoga a little bit – Even if it’s once/twice a week; as long as I form a routine with it, I’d be happy with it.

                                                                                               WORK & MONEY

I was in a bit of an unstable position at the beginning of the year in terms of work ect… What I really wanted was to get a job that I could thoroughly enjoy because at the end of the day, we all need to work for our money but, it’s horrible when certain jobs result in unhappiness. Fast forwarding to now, I have a job that I absolutely love – It’s in the industry that I’m most passionate about which is giving me a proper buzz for life. Yes, sometimes I will come home and I’ll feel knackered but, none of that matters because I’m not tired mentally. Honestly, it is wakening my brain and making me want to work as hard as possible and see where I come out. I also have another job that I really enjoy too. It’s such a chilled out and causal environment and everyone is so lovely. You can’t really ask for anything more.

My goals for the rest of the year in terms of working and money is to basically just keep working hard and building upon my work ethic as I feel a good work ethic really sets you up for life. In terms of money, I definitely want to open a savings account – I have a few ideas about what I want to save for but, I’m not sure yet. I figured that the best thing to do was save anyway and then at least I have the money there when I decide what I need it for. Finally, I want to start putting money by for my pension, even if it’s a fiver a month. Most reactions I’ve got from that have been laughter but, it’s better to start late than never. We’ve all got to remember that one day, we will be old and we may not have a government that gives out a pension. It’s definitely one to think about.

                    GENERAL LIFE & HAPPINESS

This is the last section to this post but, it is by far the most important. I used to have a lot of love and respect for myself, I never thought I was better than anyone or anything like that – It was more that I didn’t let anyone treat me badly more so, I never treated myself badly. Over time I wound up hating myself and all I wanted to do was crawl out of my skin and be someone else. It’s a horrible feeling which is why I set myself a goal to learn to love myself again and to start being nice to myself again. Over the course of this six months, I really have done that. I feel like myself again. I feel comfortable in my own skin. I’ve got my identity back which is beyond empowering. I’m back to having a positive mind set which means it takes a lot to knock me down. I can feel the strength within me, burning like a fire and it’s only growing more and more each day. I stand up for my opinions – I will hear other peoples out but equally, I’ve rediscovered the fact that I have a right to take up space in this world and to put my voice out there.

This is a journey without a destination, I don’t necessarily have an end goal as I want to continually be moving forward and growing as a person. However, I know that by the end of this year I would like to be able to say “I love myself” and 100% mean it. I also want to bring meditation into my life and be practicing it regularly by Christmas time as I feel it’s an amazing thing for self-discovery and to connect to yourself which is EXACTLY what I need to do.

 

                                                                            OTHER GOALS  

·         Get my provisional licence and pass my provisional test

·         Start an Etsy store (More on this in a few months)

·         To stop one of my bad habits from being a regular thing

Thank you so much for reading, what are your thoughts? I would love to hear about how your year has gone so far and what you want to achieve over the coming months. I love hearing motivating and inspiring stories/goals.

Until next time,

C x

2 comments: